Creating A Culture Of Accountability
The blogs in this category are related to the following critical leadership competencies:
- Thinking beyond one's self to be accountable for your role's contribution, the customer's experience, your team's success, business success and organizational success.
- Making "personal accountability for the success of the whole" the cornerstone value for the leadership and culture in a business.
- Developing one’s self and others to be more intentional, self-aware and authentic.
- Executing breakthrough experiences for oneself and others.
- Building collaborative relationships based on mutual respect and value.
- Creating and restoring trust through giving and receiving feedback.
- Maintaining an open, positive and energizing atmosphere.
(Look below for the link to download the infographic pictured above).
Here's a myth you'll recognize:
“Everyone gets excited about change, except when it happens to them.”
These battle-hardened words were shared with me years ago by the CMO of GE.
Because the world is changing fast, leading change is perhaps the critical leadership capability.
Leading change requires creating experiences for people that reveal new possibilities, while uniting them to drive strategies that harness the resources to win in the marketplace. It requires optimizing the culture of an organization while making investments to drive business growth – simultaneously.